2021 AIK International Architecture Exhibition
Home: the Battleground
The Architectural Institute of Korea is pleased to announce the first international exhibition to create a platform for architects, engineers, and researchers who wish to communicate through creative projects and ideas that will positively make a difference to our living environment.
We cordially invite you to submit any experimental and innovative projects under the theme "Home: a battleground." Home, an architectural typology that should serve all people"s fundamental basic needs, has become the center of the social, economic battleground more than ever. From the coronavirus crisis to climate changes and ubiquitous economic challenges, our current society questions what formal shape our "home" needs to take.
Be it an apartment block, single-family house, or any other typologies that support the residential function; we are looking for projects that address the issues of community, social polarization, technology integration, sharing economy, sense of place, and any disciplinary questions related to the contemporary modes of inhabitation. What do we ask our homes to be for us? How do we redefine the future of the spaces where we live?
Built or unbuilt, AIK is welcoming architectural stories and images from any location worldwide and at various scales that analyze and highlight the ideas to strengthen our most basic living environment, the "home".
Key Dates and Venue
- Submission Deadline: 9th, April 2021
- Result Announcement: 12th, April 2021, email will be sent to all accepted proposals
- Off-line Exhibition Date: 21st, April, 2021 (Wednesday) ~ 23rd, April, 2021 (Friday)
- Off-line Exhibition Location and Method: International Convention Center Jeju, Digital screen display
- Online Exhibition: Link to the online exhibition will be announced on AIK’s website on 21st, April 2021
- AIK will mail a formal certificate of participation to all accepted proposals
Open to all professional designers, architects, and planners worldwide. Applicants must be licensed or affiliated as part of a professional organization.
What entries can be submitted?
Entries can be along the whole scale from small residential buildings to multi-unit housing, city or community planning projects or any other typologies that supports the residential function. Submissions have to fall within the scope of the manifesto ‘Home: the battleground’. Built, unbuilt architecture projects and design research projects are all welcome.
Submission Details and Guideline
- Entry Form: Attached file ‘AIK_entry_form.doc’ or https://forms.gle/FQwxS9MqHTaPunGJ9
(File name: participant’s name+ AIK_entry_form.doc, i.e JoeBiden_ AIK_entry_form.doc)
- Project Digital Panel: Size [14,400(W)X8,100(H) pixels] (Jpg, 300dpi) 1 page (real size 121.92cm(W) X 68.58cm(H))
(File name: participant’s name+project name.jpg, i.e. JoeBiden_boundary.jpg )
- Optional Video Submission: accepted filetype: AVI. Max File size: 50 MB. Max Duration: 45 Seconds.
2. Submission Methods
- Using Webhard: Upload required documents @ http://www.webhard.co.kr (ID:vivaaik, PW: 1841)
Under folder- ‘2021 International Architecture Exhibition’, create a new folder with applicant’s name in ‘Upload only’ folder
- Google drive or Dropbox links to the required documents can also be email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Submission Fee
- Not required for participants from foreign countries.